Wednesday 18 May 2011

Feed back from Emily golden twomey

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for sending these through, I think you have a really good feel for colour, the muted tones are nice and would definitely fit in more homes that really vibrant colours.
My favourites are Designs one and two, I like the simple pattern and colour choices - I feel they would be particularly nice if the design was sewn in raised thread perhaps on cushions.
My boyfriend is a fan of design 5 and feels this would make a good rug design!
The mushroom rug is fun but I am not sure about the colour for a rug in your living room, I thought perhaps a putty grey or earthy green would still suit the mushroom theme but might be nicer visually as a furnishing?

All in all I think you have used simple shapes well and I like the rough edge of the shapes, I feel that the next step would be to experiment with different ways of printing or sewing these patterns onto different materials to find the right combination.

I wish you all the best on your course!

Emilyx

Design 1 Design 2 Design 3
Design 4
Design 5