Sunday 2 October 2011

Steaming/ Dissovable Fabric



Starting with segment from my Knitting sample, I reflected on how I could expand further on this experiment, to demonstrate a more textured surface with a raise surface result to symbolize the photographs I had earlier taken of distressed paint/wood to illustrate a new element. As a result, I choose the method ‘Steaming’. This process considers of transforming a flat exterior. I have used buttons and tided them underneath the knitting via elastic bands, once positioned in the steaming for roughly 30 minutes. The closing stages should resort in the buttons leaving a permanent imprint in the knitting once removed.

Dissolvable Fabric



Nevertheless, using the same process I was engrossed in using a different material such as; dissolvable fabric. Dissolvable Fabric is made from a transparent material that can dissolve, using this material I used the embroidery stitch on the sewing machine to create a texture, after I have finished my sewing I then rinsed it under the water, this will then dissolve the material resulting in the stitch being left behide. Once the material has dried for about 30 minutes, it then can manipulate.