Monday 2 April 2012

Teenage Market Stall



On the 1st April I did a market stall in Victoria market in Stockport, that held 60 different variations of stalls from clothes to food. My stall was based around interiors and stationary where I created both notepads and cushion with my own designs as well as a number of different things. The stall effect my comfort zone because this was the first time I have ever sold my design or products that I have made, so it was both interesting and nerves racking to see how the public would respond to my work. In my opinion, I feel people were interested in my designs and I received a lot of interested. I do feel my position of my stall was situated within the building as I was on a corner so people could see my stall from different directions. This event had lead to a variety of opportunities. I was lucky enough to be interviewed on the radio about my work, which was exciting and also I was discussing getting a market stall for an event that is called ‘homemade crafts’ on the fourth of every month in Stockport Victoria market hall, which would be a new experience, that could led to bigger orders. I was very shy when it came to networking but with practice throughout the day, I was more confident with my work when my work started selling.

In my opinion, if I had to do this stall again, I would have made more stock and filled out my table a bit more, but as I have never done a stall like this I wasn’t sure what to expect. I would have also had business cards and price labels as I felt this decreased my opportunity factor. In relation to my degree show, I feel more confident and surer on what I would like my space to look like and little touches. For instance having a notepad so people could write what they thought of my work and also to have business cards.