Saturday 19 June 2010

Studioaisslinger



"...design evolution is always a matter of empirical experiment, materials and technology - for this exhibition we worked with a hidden traditional stitching textile technology which we transformed into a 2D-to-3D-furniture pop-up concept.."




I was inspired by studioaisslinger,by the way they created objects that are hollow and non practical. instead of the tradtional practical sense. I created the above cutlery set,using machine stitching on dissolvable fabric. I covered plates,cups,knifes and forks by wrapping them in the dissolvable fabrics, this will then hold the shape creating a hollow template. My empirical experiments, supported my final outcome by helping me to understand the techniques.





I found this container in a shop called 'Urban Outfitters'. This container uses the same methods as Studioaisslinger.