Wednesday 15 February 2012

Final Major Project- Wood Bark

For this project I would like create an installation based around interiors where i will be concerntrating on Tree Bark. My aim is to almost alter peoples perception and show people that destressed wood can be beautiful in an uncoventional way.

This project links to my gradition because I would like to create amazing exaggerated interior pieces that bring fun and excitement in an unexpected way by combinating both print and tradtional techquies such as;knitting to represent the natural organic process of wood that has been damaged by the natural elements to create unqiue marks. As well as introducting technology to add a new dimentional to the conventional home environment.

Within this project I will be informed by taking several photographs of distressed wood and do varies drawings using a range of media that I will later translate into both print and knitting.I will be looking at a range of different designer such as: Susie Brandt and Dave Cole that primarly focus on interior pieces and creating unsual pieces.

My work will be directed towards a stylish audience by conveying a fun and exciting approach to interiors with an alternative approach.

I would like my final outcome to be a living room space that has a combination of different furnishings to create an atmosphere of a living space and to show how stimulatulating these items can be within a home.